Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Gigi Skirt?

Recently, I told you my basic rule for sewing with Sis Boom  http://tabbodesign.blogspot.com/2012/06/happy-home-blog-tour.html...if you can't decide which to use, then use them all, or as many as you can!  That's how I came up with my Gigi skirt.  
  
I named it after my sister Gretchen (Gigi).

 It is lined and has a yoga band waistband, so it's super comfortable!
   ...and different from every angle!
 

OR, you can turn it around for a completely different look!  It's a really fun skirt and perfect for the Summer!  I made this one for myself...

 Unfortunately, Gigi lives in San Antonio and never came through on her promise to take better pictures of this awesome skirt I so GRACIOUSLY named after HER! 

Sooo, since I STILL didn't have a great shot of the Gigi...I made a mini version with a little added sass!

   Last week in Hilton Head my sweet friend Mary told me that when she grows up, she wants to be a Tabbo model!
       And she's such a natural!
  She put it on right then and got to work!
 She didn't even make me wait!
 I think maybe I should change the name from The Gigi Skirt... 

...to The Mary Skirt!

7 comments:

  1. Totally adorable! I'd love to hear how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gigi is the cutest skirt I've seen! I love how you mix things up for a different look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun skirt in grown up and kid versions! Cute! I do love all of the SisBoom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I've always wanted to do something similar, but haven't yet. Maybe now is the time . . . summer sewing skirts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the Gigi Skirt! Any hints on how to create it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love to know how you make the yoga top of the skirt. I have tried to do it several times and can't seem to get the right fit when using knit for the band and cotton for the main portion of the skirt.Would love some hints. kmmarsmith@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I'm ready to hire Mary :>)

    ReplyDelete